Monday, March 26, 2012

A new chapter.

Photo credit: S

I finally finished the project I have been working on since moving to Canada. Though it took longer than expected, it is completed and I am pleased with how it came out.

I feel as if I have walked up to some French doors with a beachfront view, flung them open, and stepped onto a weathered wooden deck. I pause in the sun with my barefoot feet warmed by the planks. Closing my eyes to the brilliant sparkle of the sun, I deeply inhale the salty fresh air. The sea whispers truth about life and time and meaning, while seagulls in the distance squawk the pleasure of spring and new beginnings.

Edit: I accidentally unpublished this and am guessing the exact date of the original posting.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds oh so lovely! I wish we were just coming into Spring in Australia! It's just started getting cold over here and I already miss the beach.

    ReplyDelete